Monday 11 January 2016

The Children's Book Award 2016


Introducing the Children's Book Award 2016 working group (from left to right) Ann Abbott, Carol Hales, Tom Batten,
Annalisa Timbrell and Owen Dixon.

Here's what they had to say about their favourite books on the shortlist.

"The Leaky Battery Sets Sail made me laugh out loud. I loved the idea of the "Steampunk Servants" escaping their life of slavery for the freedom of the oceans. The Steampunk Pirates are all brilliant characters but my favourite has to be First Mate Mainspring, especially when his clockwork mechanism becomes dangerously over-wound!" - Carol

"It’s a brilliant story, very inventive and keep you guessing. It really held my attention with all the twists and turns. There was a build up of drama leading up to a climactic end, which left me realising how invested I was in this great story and its wonderful characters. Definitely worth a read!" - Owen on the The Unlikely Adventures of Mabel Jones

"I loved “Wilf the Mighty Worrier Saves the World”. It teaches us that anyone can be a hero, that sometimes the world’s biggest villains are just a tad insecure and that robots have teenage angst." -Tom

"A Tiger Tale was my favourite book as it is written in a more traditional style. It cleverly deals with family bereavement and how Kate become attached to her cuddly toy tiger, Amos." - Ann

"A hilarious book about a young boy who rises to power!"
-Annalisa on The Accidental Prime Minister

No comments:

Post a Comment