Thursday 3 April 2014

St Bartholomew's Book Reviews

As well as enjoying a visit from Chris Higgins, the children at St Bartholomew's school have also reviewed the books. Here are a few of their reviews. They have also been creating story board cartoon strips of the characters in the books in their own adventures and look forward to displaying them in Woking and at their local library.

The Magical Peppers
                                       By Sian Pattenden
Illustrated by Jess Mikhail

It was ever so tricky to choose my favourite book, but the Magical Peppers I really loved. I loved it because Uncle Potty had an amazing idea that he could perform an act of making the museum disappear and he performed it in front of the Queen of England!
 I think Sian Pattenden is an incredible author and I should get more of her books. She has really made me love that book and I hope it is part of a series of them. Her imagination is outstanding and I can see she loves writing.


(Olivia, Namibia Class yr 4)


My Funny Family

My Funny Family Gets Bigger is a great book because it is a hilarious book, full of illustrations which make me laugh!!! It was fantastic to have the author, Chris Higgins, come into our school because she told us more about the My Funny Family series. She also told us about her home life being an author and how things in her own life relate to her books. I recommend this book for all ages of children.

(Daisy, Year 4)


Oliver Fibbs

I really enjoyed reading Oliver Fibbs   because it is full of action and it is really hilarious .I like the illustrations as well because they’re quite simple and cartoony.  I recommend it to both children and adults. My favourite character is Oliver Fibbs because he is really mischievous, and despite getting into trouble he gets out of trouble easily.
It has been great taking part in the Library Challenge and getting to read all of the amazing books . I would like to take part in next years because I would like to read some more different books by authors I haven’t read.

(Kai, Year 4 Namibia class)



Here is a book review of a great book from the Surrey libraries children’s book award. It has been  a great honour to have been chosen to take part in this challenge.

CLAUDE

Claude was my favourite book because the illustrations showed the story really well. My favourite illustration is Miss Henrietta High-kick Spin. I thought that Sir Bobblysock was very neat and tidy but incredibly cute and funny! I loved the way that Claude was acting like a detective when he realized that the ghost was fake. I definitely recommend this book. Children of all ages will love it and maybe adults too.

(Rhianna, Year 4 Ghana class)


The No.1 Car Spotter and the Car Thieves

I really enjoyed the No.1 Car Spotter because I really liked  No.1s crazy plans and the way it gets you to think about real life problems. My favourite character is Grandpa because he really gets you to think about his sayings. I would recommend it to Yrs 4 and 5 and adults too.
I really enjoyed taking part in the Surrey Libraries Children’s Book Awards. It’s been a honour to take part this year. I really want to take part next year because I think it would be great fun.

(Ben, Yr 4 Ghana class)


My Funny Family Gets Bigger
                                        By Chris Higgins
                              Illustrated By Lee Wildish

It was a bit tricky to choose my favourite book for the Surrey Libraries’ Children’s Book Award but in the end I chose My Funny Family gets bigger. I like this book because, when Chris puts:

WORRY LIST!!!

it tells me that Mattie is worrying. I like the Illustrations by Lee Wildish too.

It was fun when Chris came into our school and she told us how her home life gets into her books.

This book is a humorous book and I can’t wait to read the rest of the series!!

(By Molly)

1 comment:

  1. We're all looking forward to seeing your artwork in the library and at Woking.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete