Wednesday 26 March 2014

What Addlestone Chatterbookers thought of Claude in the Spotlight!

Claude in the Spotlight by Alex T. Smith


Review by Simone Finch age 8
The book I read was Claude in the Spotlight and was written by Alex T. Smith. My favourite character was Sir Bobblysock because of his personality.
I like the book because of the adventure. It is about a naughty man dressed as a ghost and trying to ruin the performances so that he could win the competition. My favourite part of the story was the end because it was so funny.
I would give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

Review by Esme Presland age 8
This is a story about a dog called Claude. He accidently joins a dance class and goes to a theatre.
I thought the story was written well and it had an interesting twist at the end. My favourite character was Claude because he is nice and he is willing to try new things. I like the end which was entertaining and the whole story made me want to keep reading.

There was nothing I did not like about the story because it was exciting and fun to read.
I recommend the story for 4-7 year olds. I give the book 5 out of 5 stars.

Review by Maya Finch age 10
This book is funny and good for young children and will probably inspire you to make a cute sock-puppet (you can see our attempts below!).
If you read this book you will have lots of giggles, not just by the words but the pictures too.
I would give this book 5 stars out of 5.

 
Each month a prize is given to the Chatterbooker who has written the best Review. Well done to Simone Finch who won March's prize for her review of Claude in the Spotlight.




In honour of Sir Bobblysock, a character in 'Claude in the Spotlight', our Chatterbookers each made a sock puppet. Here is a picture of us all with them.

1 comment:

  1. We are glad you enjoyed Claude, and your sock puppets are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete